God set the rainbows in the sky to remind us of His Love and His Faithfulness to keep His Word, His Promise to us, despite our faults and mistakes.
Materials: Gold fill, Vermeil, 14kt gold cross, citrine, peridot, amethyst, garnet and iolite.
This gorgeous collection is a reminder to us that HE IS FAITHFUL, and is an encouragement to be faithful to our word. It includes five separate necklaces dotted with gemstones to signify the different colors of the rainbow.
- “I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. … I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. … I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant…” Genesis 9:13-16
- “The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin” Ex 34:6&7
- “Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.” Deut 7:9
- “I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.”Psalm 40:10
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness…” Galatians 5:22
- “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.” Heb 10:23
- “I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True.” Rev 19:11
- Red Garnets: Blood Covenant. The handshake came when two people made a cut in their forearms, & let their blood mingle. That is a serious commitment and promise! The ultimate blood covenant was made by Jesus on the cross.
- Orange/Yellow Citrine: Sun Shine and the Glory of God. It is the light and happiness that comes with the knowledge, and reassurance of an unbreakable promise.
- Green Peridot: As the dove brought the olive branch, The New Life that comes as the Holy Spirit brings hope, new growth, and the promise of rest and healing as the old passes away and a new life begins.
- Blue/Indigo Iolite: Rain. Sent to destroy. God did not promise to never send it again, only that it would not destroy us entirely. He is Faithful to bring us new life. “Faithfulness” (true blue, color-fastness), “fidelity” (an English bride’s blue ribbon), and “covenant remembering” (tassels on an Israelites garment to remember the commands of the Lord).
- Violet Amethyst: Kingship/Royalty/Value. Purple dye was worth more than its weight in gold. Derived from mollusks (water), it did not turn purple until it was exposed to sunlight. Mix rain with the glory of God and you get something beautiful and extremely valuable; a rainbow sealed with an unbreakable promise.
I designed these 5 necklaces with inspiration of a marriage or vow renewal ceremony. Can you picture a man placing each of these chains around his bride’s neck as he says his vows? What a beautiful image of the love of Christ, clothing her in covenant, glory, life, fidelity, and royalty.