A reminder of the wounds that Christ bore for us, this dramatic set paints a vivid picture of the nails and thorns that pierced His hands, feet and head.
Materials: Sterling Silver, Gold Fill, Garnets
Hand forged gold fill and sterling silver ‘nails’ are combined with earthy and beautiful garnets, symbolic of Christ’s blood. Remembering Christ’s wounds reminds us of his perfect love for us. His wounds bring us peace, healing, grace, freedom from the law, and victory over the powers of darkness.
- “Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.” Genesis 22:13
- “and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand and knelt in front of him and mocked him. “Hail, king of the Jews!” they said.” Matthew 27:29
- “Carrying his own cross, he went out to the place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha). Here they crucified him” John 19:17&18a
- “Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus’ side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water.” John 19:34
- “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.” Zechariah 19:34
- “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5
- “When you were dead in your sins and in the un-circumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.” Colossians 2:13-15
The nails killed our sin and death, and His resurrection from the grave gave us life. When you put your faith in Jesus, your hands, feet and brow are pierced like His and you can live in the grace, peace, healing and power that He rose in. Thank you Jesus!