The word reveals Jesus to be the Redeemer who will cause the desert to burst forth in blossom and who likens his beloved to a lily among the thorns.
Materials: Red Coral (Dyed), Sterling & Fine Silver, Nephrite Jade (Natural)
Make a bold statement with these pieces. Small & sweet and big & bold flowers are carved in red coral or set in sterling and fine silver.
- Psalm 63—A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah.
1 O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 2 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. 3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
- “The LORD your God has … has watched over your journey through this vast desert. These forty years the LORD your God has been with you, and you have not lacked anything.” Deut 2:7
- “in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son” Deut 1:31
- “The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. The glory of Lebanon will be given to it, the splendour of Carmel and Sharon; they will see the glory of the LORD, the spleen-dour of our God.” Isaiah 35:1&2
- “Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever… to him who led his people through the desert, His love endures forever.” Ps 136:1&16
- “till the Spirit is poured upon us from on high, and the desert becomes a fertile field, and the fertile field seems like a forest. Justice will dwell in the desert and righteousness live in the fertile field.” Isaiah 32:15&16
- A voice of one calling: “In the desert prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God.” Isaiah 40:3
- “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:18-19“
- Beloved “I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys.”
Lover “Like a lily among thorns is my darling among the maidens.” Song of Solomon 2:1&2
These roses are a sweet reminder of the beauty of our lover. His love causes us to blossom and thrive in this difficult world. Let His love nurture, protect and guide you through the high places and the low valleys. Let Him be your source of refreshment and LIFE.