“Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” “Hosanna in the highest!”
Materials: Sterling and Fine Silver, Chrysoprase, Malachite, Green Onyx, Adventurine or Jade
Hosanna means “Save us!” God made a multitude of different leaves in beautiful shapes, sizes and colors. Our leaves can not save us, but the blood of the Lamb can. We can try to hide behind our leaves or we can use them as a form of surrender and worship before our Lord.
- “When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves. Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden.” Genesis 3:6-8
- “The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.” Gen 3:21
- “On the first day you are to take choice fruit from the trees, and palm fronds, leafy branches and poplars, and rejoice before the LORD your God for seven days. Celebrate this as a festival to the LORD.” Leviticus 23:40-41
- “The next day the great crowd that had come for the Feast heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem. They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, “Hosanna!” “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” “Blessed is the King of Israel!” John 12:12-13
- “A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” “Hosanna in the highest!” Matt 21:8-9
- “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” John 1:29
- “Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life … flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life … And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse.” Rev 22:1-3
Praise God for the blood of Jesus Christ that redeems us from the curse. And Praise God that He would even redeem the leaves that we used to hide our sins so that they can be used in an act of surrender and worship.
Our surrender to Him is the start of our healing.