Our God created the Heavens an the Earth in 6 days. How big is He?!
Materials: Sterling Silver, emeralds and sapphires
Hold the world in your hands with these fabulous pieces. The globe is made of swirls of sterling silver wire. Look at these pieces and be reminded of the majesty of creation and of how big our God, the Creator of it, is.
- “Be glad; rejoice forever in my creation!” Isaiah 65:18
- “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” Psalm 19:1
- “2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light… 11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation… 20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky.” 31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.” Genesis 1
- “The Lord is good to everyone. He showers compassion on all his creation.” Psalm 145:9
- “Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.
He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,
16 for through him God created everything
in the heavenly realms and on earth.
He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see—
such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world.
Everything was created through him and for him.
17 He existed before anything else,
and he holds all creation together.” Colossians 8
- “19 For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are. 20 Against its will, all creation was subjected to God’s curse(see Genesis 3:17). But with eager hope, 21 the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God’s children in glorious freedom from death and decay. 22 For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us. 24 We were given this hope when we were saved.” Romans 8
Did you know the earth was cursed? God’s beautiful creation cursed because man could not obey one simple rule. Adam’s job was to tend and care for the earth, but instead he caused it to be cursed. So Romans 8 says that all of creation now growns waiting to be released from the curse. I think of that groaning when I hear of earthquakes and other natural disasters. So let’s honor creation by being good stewards, thankful for her gifts, and honoring the Creator of it. Amen!