He created the fish and the seas by a word from His mouth (Gen 1). By His word, He stirs the waters and calls the fish into nets.
Materials: Sterling silver and Icelandic fish leather (dyed Salmon, Wolf Fish, or Perch).
- “He said to me, “This water flows toward the eastern region and goes down …where it enters the Sea. …the water there becomes fresh. … There will be large numbers of fish, because this water flows there and makes the salt water fresh; so where the river flows everything will live. Fishermen will stand along the shore; … there will be places for spreading nets. The fish will be of many kinds—like the fish of the Great Sea.” Ezekiel 47:8-10
- “But now I will send for many fishermen,” declares the LORD, “and they will catch them.” Isaiah 16:16
- “As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, … They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” Matt 4:18-19
- “the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away.” Matt 13:47-48“
- “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.” Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.” …they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. So they signaled their partners … to come and help them, and they … filled both boats so full that they began to sink.” Luke 5:4-7
- “ 5He called out to them, “Friends, haven’t you any fish?” “No,” they answered. 6He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.”
When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.
7Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” … Simon Peter… jumped into the water. 8The other disciples followed in the boat… 9When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with fish on it, and some bread…
11Simon Peter … dragged the net … full of large fish, 153, …the net was not torn. 12Jesus said to them, “Come and have breakfast.” …13Jesus came, took the bread and gave it to them, and did the same with the fish. 14This was now the third time Jesus appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead.” excerpts from John 21
I’ve been hooked on Jesus. He pulled me out of the deep into His Kingdom. Now I want to be one who trusts His call, casts His nets, brings in His fish, and sits at His feet to enjoy the rewards of the catch.